Velvety Butternut Squash Soup
Velvety Butternut Squash Soup (serves 6)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut in cubes
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 15oz can 2% evaporated milk
- olive oil
- Arrange squash and carrots on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in a preheated 425 oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and garlic for several minutes.
- Add in spices, and cook 1 min longer; remove from heat.
- When squash and carrots are roasted, add to stock pot.
- Add in broth, cover, and cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Working in batches, run soup through a blender, or use an immersion blender until smooth.
- Can be served with a dollop of Greek yogurt and pumpkin seeds.
*Approx. nutrition info: 170 cals, 6g fat, 8g protein