No Boil Lighter Mac and Cheese
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 60 min
Yield: 8 (approximate 1 cup servings)
- 14oz box whole wheat pasta (such as Barilla Plus)
- 5 cups 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 8oz grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Ham, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 13×9 pan with cooking spray.
- Add in all ingredients, reserving a bit of the cheddar for topping; stir very well.
- Make sure all the pasta are under the liquid or they will not cook.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir well, cover with reserved cheese, and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
*Nutrition Information (if using Barilla Plus pasta and excluding ham) 356 calories, 10g fat, 23g protein, 9g sugar