Very few fillers so all you taste is deliciously seasoned crab!
Makes 8 crab cakes (about 2.5 oz each)
- 1 lb lump or claw crab meat
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Using hands, form 8 equal patties (about 2.5 oz each). Make sure to press tightly so patty won’t fall apart while cookie.
- Heat oil over medium heat in large non-stick skillet.
- Cook crab cakes about 4 minutes on each side.
- Drain on platter lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
*Nutrition: 135 calories, 7g fat, 14g protein