Valentine’s Day is just for couples right? Nope! Quite frankly, it’s always been one of my least favorite holidays. Heck, I don’t really even consider it a holiday! It’s another excuse for stores to stock obscene amounts of candy that will derail my good eating intentions, a good way for single gals and guys to feel lonely, a good excuse for florists to mark up flowers 400%…well you get the idea.
But I started thinking it’s also a good excuse to stop and take time to pamper ourselves. Show our own bodies and minds that we love US and we are important enough to treat like the special someone we are! Here are a few ways to show yourself some very much deserved love and TLC!
- Ridiculously frou-frou bath bombs…like these totally yummy chocolate ones
- Book yourself for a relaxing facial
- Volunteer somewhere. Walk dogs, sign up for a Big Brothers/Big Sisters event, sort clothes at a local thrift store…whatever your passion is, you can find someone in need who would sure love to have some of your time!
- Turn off the phone, dim the lights, and settle in with that movie you’ve had on your watch list, or marathon watch that show you’re 10 episodes behind in.
- Treat yourself to a gourmet tea or hot cocoa and settle in with a good book.
- Get a mani-pedi…and pick a color that really stands out.
- For men, treat yourself to a traditional shave at a barber or salon.
- Catch a flick you’ve been wanting to see.
- Sign up for a class. If you’ve wanted to take dance lessons, learn a new language or check out a new workout, go for it!
- Do a paint night. Lots of painting studios have walk in nights…its the perfect time to do something fun and meet new people.
- Buy yourself that pair of jeans or leather handbag you’ve been eyeing up but didn’t want to splurge on.