My family and I just returned from a vacation in Disney World. Full disclosure-I’m a Disney freak! I love everything about Disney World, and it is my all time fav vacation spot. One of the many fun things to do down there is eat at there numerous restaurants. So, I thought I’d mention a few entrees they carry that are weight loss surgery appropriate.
- ABC Commissary (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)-Couscous, Quinoa and Arugula Salad with Chicken or Salmon
- Electric Umbrella (Epcot)-1/3lb Angus burger with grapes (ask for no bun)
- Liberty Inn (Epcot)-Black Bean Veggie Burger with carrots (ask for no bun)
- Rose and Crown Pub (Epcot)-Rainbow Trout
- Tangierine Cafe (Epcot)-Vegetable Platter with couscous salad and humus
- Be Our Guest (Magic Kingdom)-Rotisserie Cornish Hen
- Harbor House (Magic Kingdom)-Grilled Salmon
- Tony’s Town Square (Magic Kingdom)-Grilled Pork Tenderloin
These are just a few of my family’s favorites. Anywhere you go, they will accommodate subbing fries for fruit or veggies, baking instead of frying, and every restaurant has sugar free or no sugar added desserts! Buffets are another great option as they always have lean baked proteins and grilled veggies.
Protein snacks can be harder to find, but you are allowed to bring in your own food, so I suggest bringing small bags of nuts, protein bars, individual packs of peanut butter (many snack places carry carrot sticks and apples-add PB to make it higher protein ) and other high protein snacks. All the restaurant menus are available online, so check them out when planning your trip!