Greek yogurt is an excellent source of protein, and can be a great go-to for you after your weight loss surgery. For example, Fage Total Greek Yogurt, 2% has 20g of protein in a 5.3 oz container! That packs a big punch!
Greek yogurt has become so popular that it’s stocked in most grocery stores. Be careful though, most of the flavored varieties contain TONS of sugar. Stick with plain, and add to it yourself. Check out some ideas.
- Use it in place of sour cream to make a protein packed dip for veggies.
- Stir in some high protein cereal for a satisfying breakfast.
- Use to top taco salad or black bean soup in place of sour cream.
- Sweeten it up with a Splenda or two, sliced fruit, or a handful of berries.
- Add it to protein drinks and fruit smoothies to up the protein and calcium of your drink.
1 5.3 oz container Fage Total Greek Yogurt, 2%
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 packets Splenda
1/2 sliced banana
3 strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons wheat germ
Mix yogurt, Splenda and vanilla together. Layer in a dish, with banana and strawberry. Sprinkle with wheat germ.
*Approximate nutrition information-217 calories, 28g carbs, 4g fat, 20g protein, 17g sugar (from milk and fruit, no added sugars)